Yesterday we spent a gorgeous afternoon at the park after school. Since the park is so close to the girls school, there were a lot of schoolmates there. I was talking to a group of parents and enjoying my afternoon as well. I noticed that my sweet Caroline was following and sometimes chasing the older brother of one of her friends (we will leave him anonymous) I even mentioned to his mother that there might be a crush going on. Sometime later, Caroline came up to interrupt our conversation to tattle on this particular little boy for allegedly hitting her. Well, if you know me well at all, you know I don't do tattling, especially when you interrupt to tattle. So I sent Caroline on her way to handle her own problems, and told this young boy's parents not to worry about it.
Later that evening, I reminded Caroline that park etiquette stated no tattling, and reminded her of different ways for dealing with playground problems. She kept trying to justify herself and I kept cutting her off, finally she realized that tattling is just as wrong as hitting. So then I asked her, did this boy just come up to you and hit you for no reason? and she replied "Well, (we all know, no good comes out of a sentence that Caroline starts with 'Well') he came up to us with this little girl.." So of course a light bulb went off when I heard of this little girl. So asked Justine if she saw him hit Caroline, and Justine told me that they had been picking on him and he was just picking on them back. All of a sudden Caroline burst out "Well! he was playing with that girl, and I wanted him to play with us!!"
Hell have no fury like a woman scorned! RG-you might as well learn it now!
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




That is too funny! I remember slapping a boy in the face when I was MUCH younger because he didn't like me back! I am totally on Caroline's side!
ReplyDeleteYOU BLOG?? yay! I'm so happy I get to blog stalk now!
ReplyDeleteLoved the story - your girls are a hoot! Miss ya.