CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Disney here we come!

So we are finally doing it....we are going to Disney!

This trip has been about 10 years in the making! My oldest nephew Douglas starting seeing the commercials on television when he was around 3 and began asking if he could go. To keep him quiet it, my sister said, "yes, when you are 10." So he took her literally and told everyone how they were going when he was 10. Then he asked if Poppa and Grammy could go, then Uncle Ben and Aunt Kimmie. So when he was about 7, we started talking seriously about actually going, all of us as a big family thing. But as most of you know, my father died before Douglas turned 10, then with Karen and Darrell divorcing and Ben and I moving, the trip did not happen.
While living in Utah, Ben and I were only about 12 hours from DisneyLand, I wanted to take the girls, but Ben really wanted their first trip to a Disney park to be Disney World in Florida, so we ended up just taking the girls to Lego Land. So we picked up the idea of Disney World again, after moving to New York, the girls are getting closer and closer to preteens, and the obsession with Disney Princesses will be fading (hopefully). So we knew we had to get this planned.
Well, long story short, we will be going in Oct. My mom, my sister, my 3 nephews and our family. Since we are going in October, Disney will be celebrating Halloween, and we are also going to a fun Halloween party while we are there. How cool is that?
My mom has spent tons of time getting our trip planned, from an awesome deal, to the rooms at the Carribean resort. Our mailbox has been flooded with Disney envelopes, not to mention the emails. We have watched every special about Disney.
My mom has been sewing Cinderella dresses for the girls to wear to their Princess breakfast. I have been sewing new dresses for the girls out of disney princesses print fabric. My cousin gave us a princess Minnie hat that she bought her daughter at Disney, so I found another one on Ebay. I bought some Disney t-shirt screenprints on Ebay, to make some Donald Duck t-shirts for Ben. I also found some Disney halloween inspired stuff animals for all the kids. I have been told that Disney stuff is super expensive down there, so I thought by buying these items on Ebay and packing them, the kids won't ask for things (let's hope!). I also heard that if you have Disney stuff animals in the hotel, the maids would do cool things with them while they are cleaning, thought the kids would get a kick out of that! Then I plan on reselling these items on Ebay after the trip. And I just recently made Mickey Mouse watch bands for my myself, my sister and my mom.
The only thing left to do--I think--besides pack of course, is to make autograph books for the girls. I talked to the girls last night about the idea of getting the autographs of the characters. I explained that some people do this, but its time consuming and asked if they wanted to do it. I was so hoping they said no, but they said yes, with a lot of enthusiasm. So need to get a notebook and stickers....
Oh and I almost forgot my favorite purchase! You know the Disney flyers for the Disney books, they mail you 2 a month for one low price??? Well, I had those when I was little, I loved them, I tried getting them for the girls, but was disappointed as they weren't the same books, more just books based on the Disney movies. My all time favorite Disney book was Mickey and the haunted house. I quite literally wore that book out. The cover fell apart, stitches just came lose, pages all over the place. So I found another one in mint condition on EBAY! YEah! so excited, so I am packing that book, for yet another surprise for the girls--did I mention the dresses and the stuff animals are all surprises? they are!
So 2 weeks from tomorrow we will be flying to Disney

No comments:

Post a Comment