I look forward to the start of a new school year with anticipation and excitement. I love fall because to me its a whole new start...I know, fall is the ending of the growing season, but still.. Anyways, new school year, new teachers, new clothes, new school supplies. As much as I love summer, and take advantage of no obligations as far as school, sports and dance. I love the end of summer and the start of fall, going bck to routines, cooler weather, tv shows back on. Ok, I know that by dec. I am done with all the running around and tired of getting up in the mornings..ya ya ya. But after 2 months of being on the go, with no routines, no bed times, no wake up times, no place I have to be, plenty of places I want to be. I need to snuggle down and get into a routine. I want time to sit and get into my favorite tv shows...see what my tv friends are up to.
And do we have a busy fall ahead! The girls picked up a new dance class, so that is 3 all together, plus they are playing fall soccer, and after soccer than basketball starts, Saturday morning swim class, and girl scouts. Oh and the girls will make thier first communion this year as well, so that is a family class once a month. We have something going on every afternoon/night with the exception of Fridays...we will really need that dinner out on Fridays, let me tell ya.
With Ben's work schedule all of this running around will be on my shoulders, so I am already anticipation how hectic it will all be, and trying to find solutions to anticipated problems.
The biggest is dinner. So I have created 5 weeks worth of meals...this is really only 20 meals, since Fridays are always dinner out or delivered in, and sat/sun is a crock pot meal that last the whole weekend. Anyways, I did the menus by week and listed the ingriedinets I will need, so I can just print this, and transfer the items I will need to buy onto my shopping list. And since the girls have dance for 2 hrs on Mondays, I will take advantage of this time and go grocery shopping. Tuesdays I will prep the foods for the week, Monday's meal will always be a crock pot as we will be getting home so late.
Another issue I can see is having all our things ready to go for each activity. First off, I have plans for making those closet hangers that have 5 pocket/bins so you can pick out your outfits for each day of the week and have them ready. So think we need to do that. I just got done making a bow holder for all their hair bobs. And after last year's dance, I know we need a bigger dance bag, will look into that. Geesh, we need lots of bags, so wish we had a mud room or something that could hold all the bags, can't figure out a good way to organize them. I insist on having a separate bag for each activity so all equipment is always there, but the bags get so bulky!
Also, I want to start a chore check off list and an allowance system for the girls. I am so sick of reminding them to pick up after themselves, and they are terrible at saying something is done, when its not. So I thought we could do a chart and if its indeed done they get a star, if its not done or done correctly they don't get a star, at the end of the week, they get money for the stars, but owe be money for the blanks. I want them to have a good work ethic and they don't! They want to hurry through everything so that they can play. I explain to them that, if Dad does not do a good job at work, he would get fired, and you don't get paid for not doing something or doing it half assed. So hopefully this system works, we will see.
I am trying to get the kids to go to bed at 9pm. With our crazy summer and Ben' crazy work hours, We have been staying up quite late and sleeping in late. So fall bedtime is 8 pm, so trying to do 9pm this week, its tough the girls are so not ready for bed a 9. I don't blame them, we are a family of night owls. I know once school starts and all the activities that are going on, they will be craving their bed by 7pm. But still I want them ready for a routine for next week.
Any tips for better organization...send my way.
Bring on Fall...I am ready!
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Wow! You guys are busy! I love the idea of the five week meal planner. I am good if I can do one weeks worth of meals...and stick to it! I love that the girls are doing dance lessons. I can not wait to enroll my own little villager in dance. There is just something so special about watching little girls pirouette or grande jete across the floor.
ReplyDeleteWhoa! Way to go, Miz Organization! Seriously, it sounds like you have it all under control. I don't know who could give you any more tips!
ReplyDeleteFall TV shows - is Biggest Loser one of them? I lovelove that show, and have been looking forward to Fall for it to start!
So I'm wondering if it's busier/crazier having twins at this newborn stage, or at your full grown kid stage?! I guess maybe just busy in different ways?! I'm definitely looking forward to the older years of twin parenting more - when I can get a full night's SLEEP and my children can TALK! :)